Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Birthday L.R.

Last I looked, it was L.R.'s birthday on Nov. 11. It's still November 10th here, but tomorrow we will be on a longtail boat headed toward a town called Chiang Rai. It's a three hour trip down the river (Mekok???). We will stop at some hill tribe villages along the way. These are the indigenous people of the area.

I'm in a video shop in town called Tha Ton and above me on the wall is a poster of Wallace and Gromit. Same, same, but different. That's a local saying. You hear many asian people say "same, same."

Unfortunately, I cannot leave you a picture. We don't have the cable for the camera and they don't have a drive or a card reader to upload pictures to you.

At dinner tonight I took a picture of a golden retriever. Just like Lucy, but stinky. Happy though!! Miss you all. Sing happy birthday to L.R. for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Reynolds said...

Just like Lucy but stinky? Are you sure it wasn't Lucy? Perhaps it's the dog food we're feeding her here.

She's doing well, and it sounds like you all are, too!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home