Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Elephant Training Camp



We have moved on to a great place in the jungle called Malee's Nature Lover's Bungalows. It is the opposite of Chiang Mai and its insanity. It is very peaceful, quiet, and pretty. It is near a town called Chiang Dao and the lush mountains rise straight up to the sky behind our bungalow.

Today we visited an elephant training center. We watched them get bathed. We saw them practice logging techniques. We took a bamboo rafting trip, and finally, we got to ride the elephants.

I told you I'd write about who I thought of as I rode the elephants, and it was G.T. and B.Mc. as I know they enjoy riding horses, and as we lumbered up the middle of the river, I imagined it wasn't too much like riding a horse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said you wouldnt tell me if you rode elaphants.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home